AMEX Account Protector ULTIMATE Coverage Details
Coverage for up to $20,000 in the event of both planned and unforeseen life events.
- Loss of Life (includes spouse)
- Dismemberment (includes spouse)
- Critical Illness (includes spouse)
- Total Disability (includes spouse)
- Accidental Death at Age 80 or Over
- Involuntary Unemployment (includes Lay Off, Labour Dispute, Strike, Lockout, Termination)
- Loss of Self-Employment Income
- Disability Requiring Hospitalization
Depending on the claim, benefits are paid in either a lump sum payment or a monthly
payment of 5% of your outstanding insured balance at time of loss up to a maximum
- Home Purchase
- Your Child’s Enrollment in Post Secondary Institution
- Marriage (Basic or Child of Basic)
- Birth or Adoption of a Child
Can provide 2 monthly payments of 5% of your outstanding insured balance.
Coverage costs just $0.99 per $100 of your current month’s outstanding Credit Card statement balance up to $20,000, so for a balance of $500 the premiums would be just $4.95 (plus applicable taxes). At age 70, the cost reduces to $0.69 per $100 of your current month’s outstanding Credit Card statement balance up to $20,000 (plus applicable taxes). Premiums will be charged directly to your American Express® Card.
For more information click on FAQs
Certificate of Insurance